HOW TO: Document attested by UAE Embassy in Kuala Lumpur

 



Warning: this entry is in English 😝


SO last weekend I went to KL to attest for my marriage certificate. I need to proof my marriage if I were ever to stay in the UAE just because my husband works there. They have this kind of law that only a married couple is allowed to stay together (I heard that unmarried couple will be taken to prison if caught). At first, I called the UAE embassy to ask what is their procedure. 


Here it goes:


  1. You would need to go to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to certify your document. Its located in  Wisma Putra, Putrajaya Precint 2. They will charge you RM15 per document. They can also certify a true copy of your document with the same charge. Note that the UAE embassy mostly requires you to attest the ORIGINAL document, so no copy.  I was told that if you want to attest for degree cert, you would need to go to the Ministry of education as well but I am not so sure. You can just call the embassy. They are very helpful. 
    The back of my marriage cert

  2. Then, online payment to the UAE embassy. Just go to this website: http://www.mofaic.gov.ae/.  Register (for individual) --> Click on Service --> individual (attest official documents) n follow the steps, upload and pay. AED150 per document. Services fee here.
  3. Lastly, off to the embassy. Give the guard your certified document and if possible, bring your payment receipt as well. 
  4. Done!
The tricky part for me is to locate the entrance to the embassy. As you can see from my 1st picture above, the small black door to your left is the entrance. Of course, you would need to pass through their security guard first. Just leave your IC and bring only the documents you want to attest. If you do bring other stuff, they will scan them and you are required to put them in their locker (so as your phone). Still, in there, you can't get to enter their office. The guards are there to help you pass the document to their embassy while you wait in their waiting area. 

Here is the importing thing you should note:

  • The embassy only accepts your documents from 9am to 1pm and will return your document on the next day at 1pm-4pm working days only.

Hence, Good luck!


Comments

Popular Posts